Almost anyone can create a Zentangle! Even if you have never drawn anything or think that you are not artistic or creative. You will be pleasantly surprised at what creating a Zentangle will do for you!
Zentangles are created on a 3.5 inch paper tile. You can create one in 20-30 minutes while enjoying a relaxed focus type of meditation. It is a wonderful way to spend time waiting for appointments, in airports, journaling, etc. The uses are wide and varied. The materials are completely portable, so you can take them anywhere, and you will want to take them everywhere.
NOTE: Pieces that you see on this blog larger than the 3.5 inch tiles, are considered Zentangle inspired art.
It is fascinating to learn how other people are using the Zentangle method. Here's a list of benefits others enjoy from practicing the Zentangle Method.
- Simple and quick access to mindfulness
- Non-verbal journalling
- Insomnia (Improved sleep by creating Zentangle art before bedtime)
- Panic attacks (For fear of flying, creating Zentangle art during takeoff and landing)
- Modify behavior
- Being part of a supportive and fun community
- Create beautiful works of art
- Nurture and develop creative abilities
- Relieve stress
- Improve eye/hand coordination
- Develop/rehabilitate fine motor skills
- Team building and group focus
- Anger management
- Addiction therapy tool
- Diet aide
- Early artist development and appreciation
- Increase attention span and ability to concentrate
- Home schooling
- Problem Solving
- Design inspiration
- Stretching and warm-up for artists