Thursday, December 22, 2016

3D Christmas Ornaments

When I attended ZenAgain, a CZT reunion retreat, we learned how to make 3D ornaments out of the black apprentice tiles. We used the Sakura Moonlight Gelly Roll pens to decorate the ornaments.   I showed them to my daughter who is a 6th grade middle school teacher, and she invited me to teach them to her students.  It was the last day of school before Christmas break and they were having a fun art/craft/movie day.

I taught 2 classes of approximately 30 students in each class. Unfortunately, the time was cut for our 1st class down to 45 minutes, so no one got to finish their ornaments.  In the second class we had the full 80 minutes and most all of the kids got to finish.  I taught them 6 tangles and then we worked on construction of the ornaments, tangling them, and putting them together.  They had a lot of fun and loved using the gel pens, and loved how they looked with the black light.  A lot of the kids did their own designs along with the tangles.  They all turned out beautiful!

Thank you Ms. Clark for inviting me to share this fun zentangle inspired craft with your students!

The students beautiful 3D ornaments

More of the students beautiful 3D ornaments


My demo 3D ornaments


Other side of my demo 3D ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment