Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Diva Challenge #107: Quandary


The Diva Challenge this week is to use the new official tangle, Quandary!  I had a little trouble when I first tried using this tangle because I wanted to keep making sure the flowers lined up, but if you keep on practicing it and use the tip that Laura gives (One tip i have - i find it easier if you don't concentrate on building the flower, but instead concentrate on building triangles off of triangles, similar to Tripoli.) it is a lot easier!   I also found that making bigger rice shapes on a sheet of paper helped get the flow going and then I could do it on a smaller size.  So keep on practicing, it does get easier, and you will find it's a wonderful tangle pattern with so many possibilities.  Thanks, Rick & Maria for the new tangle!  Thanks, Laura for another challenge




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I like the different variations of Quandary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tile, great composition !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great interpretation of Quandary. I like the way it becomes doubled in size in the lower half of your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice tile. Love how your quandary goes from big to small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job here; it's great toghether with Purk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! You've tied the tangles together so well that they flow so organically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure became a pro on this tangles. Love how you combined all those rick and maria tangles together. Your tile has a great organic flow, and perfectly drawn tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the two sizes of Quandary. And I agree with you about this one taking practice!

    ReplyDelete