Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Starry Eyed Suprise (Challenge #4)

If you've been following along, I Am The Diva, Laura Harms has been issuing a challenge for Zentangle lovers every Monday.  This weeks challenge was to create a zentangle with a "star" theme.  I drew some stars last night, made a lot of different tangles around them,  and then when I was almost done with my tangle, I noticed that I had tangled right over two points on one of the stars.  Try as I might, there was no saving it. :(  So today I made another one with different stars and started tangling with "Munchin" and it was flowing so well that I couldn't stop and ended up doing the tile with just that one tangle.  It just seemed to be speaking to me as the perfect night sky tangle!  :)

22 comments:

  1. Hey there! :] I first thought about doing something very similar with 'paradox' but then I just went way different! Awesome tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used paradox inside my star, but you took it outside.... way cool. I love the effect you have achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of negative space. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever Sue, a lot of concentration in there, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how the stars pop from your tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool Sue - I love how you incorporated your star - beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stars glowing in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of Munchin. Also, it fits the Simplicity challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, lots to see in this tile! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Sue - I love how you used the tangle to create stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! i love hoe the stars are the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *how the stars...

    that's what i get for typing with one hand while holding a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Laura. I really don't know how you do it all with 2 little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that is the same tangle over and over to cover the negative space! :) very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing work - very neat munchin - it just carries your eye around the tile.

    ReplyDelete